jueves, 11 de junio de 2009

Madame Lebrun And Her Daughter



I chose this piece of art as my favorite. It’s a self portrait of Madame Viggé-Lebrun and her daughter. She was the more famous female painter of the XVIII century. Along her life she made 660 portraits and 200 landscapes. This painting have a great history: Madame Viggé- Lebrun was seated in front of a long mirror ready to paint a portrait of herself, when her little daughter went into the room. The little girl threw herself into her mother's arms. Madame Lebrun looked the mirror and thought that they make a very nice picture.
I saw this piece of art for first time when I was a little girl. In a shelf of my house we have a lot of books of all type. When I was little, I usually revised it. One day I found a very old book of art, I looked all the pictures that the book had. In one page I found this painting and I thought that it was a very lovely picture. I like it because I think that the more pure love expression is the love between a mother and her son. This picture represented this kind of love very well.

1 comentario:

  1. I really like the mood of this painting as well. Nice choice.

    Regarding English, you should review past tense irregular verbs: choosed-->chose, "The little girl thrown herself"--> threw herself

    ResponderEliminar